Friday, May 7, 2010

Still blogging strong even after all that alcohol


 Even though I am no longer taking Senior Seminar, I have decided to continue posting to our blog. As an avid scientist-in-training, I feel the need to share things about science that I find interesting. As usual, my aim is to try to amuse the average web surfer while teaching a little bit too.

I was sifting through my e-mail when I noticed the link my brother sent me about new pictures NASA obtained of the sun. Four different cameras allow the satellite to look at the sun’s surface, layer by layer.

These pictures, which are 10x better than HD, should help scientists better understand the link between the sun’s activity and the atmosphere (or, more specifically, climate change).

Here is the link.  I would have posted this sooner, but I had Finals to take.  You will have to watch a stupid ad first. I tried to use my mad coding skillset to get around this, but I’m still feeling the effects of partying with my graduating friends so I didn’t try too hard:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/environment-15749659/19271005

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you are still posting. I'll be checking back for more - maybe some news about your summer research internship?

    ReplyDelete