|April 22 is Earth Day!|
Since 1970, today has been a day to raise awareness about protecting the Earth we call home.
There are many easy ways you can help every day by going green:
- Use less water
- while you're brushing your teeth and shaving.
- This will lower your water bill.
- You really don't need the water running the whole time.
- Take showers instead of baths.
- Less energy used means lower emissions from power plants.
- This will also lower your electric bill.
|"Other means" = magic spells?|
- Many stores sell durable reusable shopping bags for a nominal fee.
- Most have cool pictures or slogans on them, meaning you can express your individuality and help the environment at the same time!
|Reusable shopping bags|
|Awesome Starbucks travel mug with dragon design|
- Save trees and landfills by using recycling bins for paper and plastic products.
- Office Max has a discount program based on how many ink cartridges you bring in to be recycled.
- Using a composter adds essential nutrients to the soil.
- We put expired leftovers and grass clippings in ours.
- This saves money on fertilizers and by growing some of our own food.
- We get to enjoy home-grown garlic, chives, tomatoes, blackberries, and grapes whenever we want, for free!
- Volunteer for a local river or pond cleanup group.
- You'll get to keep the environment clean, have fun, and meet new friends!